ECHOgram for Tuesday, December 29, 2015
Prayer for Worries during the Holiday Season
Many people during this holiday season are filled with worries; worries of providing food for their families, if they will have enough to pay the bills, and if they can provide some holiday cheer to their loved ones. Because of these worries, people tend to be short with others, mean, and at times, downright nasty. Knowing this, let’s show the world true holiday cheer and love to our neighbors as we walk by them at the stores, at work, while we drive, and even in our homes to our own family members.
As the year ends, let us pray for:
- Those that have no place to stay – “Be to me a rock of habitation to which I may continually come; You have given commandment to save me, For You are my rock and my fortress” (Psalm 71:3).
- Families that are in need (food, shelter, finances) – “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19).
- Our soldiers that are away from their families – “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness” (Isaiah 41:10).
- A spirit of giving to sweep over us – “Thou shalt surely give him, and thine heart shall not be grieved when thou givest unto him: because that for this thing the LORD thy God shall bless thee in all thy works, and in all that thou puttest thine hand unto” (Deuteronomy 15:10).
- Us to bless and not curse those we come in contact with – “Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not” (Romans 12:14).
Marie Frances Brown