AUDIENCE WITH GOD
Use the following in your prayer group for a one hour prayer journey in seeking the glory of God.
Proclaiming God’s glory – Take a few moments to praise God for who He is.
- Have each person in the group share who God is to them (in one or two words)
Ex. Jehovah-Jireh (Provider), friend, savoir,
Seeking the King’s glory through holiness – Have a time of repentance
- Is there any unconfessed sin in my life? Do I have unforgiveness and bitterness in my life?
- Are there any doubtful practices or activities in my life? Am I always obeying the Holy Spirit promptly?
Seeking the King’s glory through the salvation of the lost
- Have each person give ONE name of an individual or family that needs salvation.
Pray for their salvation, that God will bless them spiritually, emotionally, financially, physically
- Have each person give one name of an individual or family that is a backslider and pray the same
Seeking the King’s glory in the church
- For your churh to be a house of prayer for all nations (Is.56:7; Mt.21:13);
- For your church to fulfil the Great Commission (Mt.28:18-20) (go and teach all nations)
- For your church to fulfil the Great Commandment (Mt.22:37-40); (love the Lord with all thy heart – love thy neighbour as thy self)
- For spiritual revival on campus;
Seeking the King’s glory by watching and listening to Him
- Ask the Lord to reveal new things to you, things that He wants you to notice and pay attention to. Ask Him to reveal His will and strategies/plans to you. Ask Him for things that are on His heart that He wants you to pray about.
Seeking the King’s glory in the nations
- Pray that the nations will see that Christ Jesus as the Way, the Truth and the Life (Jn.14:6).
- Pray that the unreached peoples of the earth will be reached with the gospel.
- Pray for the coming of God’s peace and glory to countries and nations.
- Pray that kings and governments will submit to the Lordship of Jesus as the King of kings.
- Pray for China & India. By doing so, you are praying for 1 of every 3 people on the earth.
Seeking the King’s glory by breaking strongholds
Below are a few examples of strongholds. Read them and then have your group tell of any others that come to mind.
- witchcraft and idolatry
- injustices – harmful acts and deeds
- racism – racial hatred and ethnic pride
- alcoholism, drug addiction, pornography
Seeking the King’s glory through His intervention in the following global challenges
- The HIV/AIDS epidemic. (over 30 million in Africa alone infected – by 2010, it is predicted their will be over 25 million orphans or AIDS)
- The increasing number of poor and needy people.
- Corruption on all levels.
- The persecuted church in many nations.
- Wars, bloodshed and ethnic violence – pray also for the millions of refugees.
- Human trafficking.
Seeking the King’s glory by touching the youth
- That this generation of young people will reach their generation with the gospel.
- For young people to come into a new intimacy with God and obedience to Him.
- For radical committed disciples, living in holiness.
- To radically serve God and to follow Him wherever He leads.
- For compassionate hearts
- For moral purity
Seeking the King’s glory through forgiveness and reconciliation
- That nations will confess their sins of hurting, suppressing and abusing their own people and other nations.
- For reconciliation on all levels (in families, between churches, ethnic groups or races, between countries, etc.).
- For the breaking of strongholds, structures and political systems that destroy the lives of people.
- That individuals, families, clans, and ethnic groups will forgive those who violated them in any form.
Seeking the King’s glory by praying for your personal needs
- Have each person give ONE need. Insist that they are brief. No details!
Seeking the King’s glory through praise and worship
- End your time of prayer with praise and worship.
Thank God for His goodness and take time to bless individuals who come to mind, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.