The Armor of God
Use the following guide to spiritually cover yourself with the armor of God each day.
- Helmet of Salvation – Protect my mind.
Lord, keep my mind and eyes focused on you. Let me think right; let me view things through your eyes.
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; (2 Corinthians 10:3-5)
- Breastplate of Righteousness – Protect my heart.
God, filter everything that comes into or out of my heart, through your righteousness. Let me be easily impressed by Your Spirit. Defend me when the enemy tries to corrupt my heart.
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. (Proverbs 4:23)
- Loins Girt (Belted) with Truth – Loving Truth
Lord, Gird (or encircle) me with truth; wrap yourself around me. Let truth keep me from lies and error. Help me choose a lifestyle of honesty and integrity. Show me the truths I need to know.
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. (John 17:17)
- Feet Shod with the Preparation of the Gospel of Peace – Let everywhere I walk bring peace.
Lord, anoint and guide my feet to wherever you want me to go. Let everywhere my feet touch bring Your peace.
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: (1 Peter 3:15)
- Shield of Faith – Quench the fiery darts of the enemy and help me when I don’t understand.
Lord, you are my defense. I ask for protection from the attacks of the enemy. Hold before me and around me the shield of faith. Help me use my shield to stop any attempts to make me doubt or waiver.
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; (Romans 10:8)
- The Sword of the Spirit (The Word of God) – Let me on offense with the truth.
Anoint the Word in my hand, my heart and my mouth. Let your Word do a work in me. Help me realize that your Word is alive and powerful and will sustain me. When in trouble, quicken your Word to my mind to gain victory against the enemy.
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)
- Praying Always in the Spirit – Let me give myself daily to prayer.
Lord, I want to be faithful to prayer. I ask you to help me have the mind of Christ as I pray. Help me pray with Your heart and priorities in mind. Help me draw closer to you as I am led by Your Spirit in prayer. Use me to intercede for others.
And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. (Romans 8:27)
Weapons of Our Warfare
- The Word of God
- Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. (Matthew 24:35)
- Prayer with Praise
- Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. (Psalm 42:11)
- The Name of Jesus
- The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. (Proverbs 18:10)
- The Word of Our Testimony
- And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. (Revelation 12:11)
- The Blood of the Lamb
- Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, (Hebrews 10:19)
- The Spirit of God
- Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. (I John 4:4)
- The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. (Psalms 34:7)