Plowing Before the Planter
Note: To apply for a Plowing Before the Planter event, you must be a North American Missions approved church plant.
A partnership between World Network of Prayer (WNOP) and North American Missions (NAM) for the sake of spiritual warfare in cities and communities where churches are being planted or in settings where churches are needed.
“They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.” Psalm 126:5-6
There is a need for greater prayer support for NAM church planters and new churches, and a consistent foundational and functional prayer base is essential to assist in fulfilling the Biblical mandate of evangelism and discipleship for effective church growth and establishment. WNOP and NAM has partnered to provide prayer support by launching and implementing the following initiatives:
Plowing Before the Planter
- WNOP/NAM will host effective prayer walks/coverage at targeted church plant localities by utilizing a selected group of local and non-local intercessors (financially self-supporting). The design and application will be “Praying on-site with insight.”
- This group will pray on-site for three days (over a weekend).
Church Planter S.I.T.E. (Spiritual Intercessory Team Elite)
- Upon completion of on-site prayer, to provide prayer maintenance and a personal prayer connection, a group will commit to ongoing prayer and fasting support for the church planter and their church.
- This prayer team will consist of at least ten or more individuals called the “Church Planter S.I.T.E.” who would become part of a church planter’s prayer team to render consistent support for specific prayer needs submitted by the planter.
“Plowing Before the Planter”
- Under the supervision of WNOP, a branch coordinator has been appointed to lead a steering committee (8 or more) composed of district/sectional/local prayer coordinators, church planters, and ministers to directly oversee this effort.
- WNOP/NAM will lead prayer walks by utilizing an organized group of selected intercessors, both local and non-local residents, who will be financially self-supporting. Participants will not depend upon WNOP or NAM for any portion of funding.
- Optionally, a local pastor, sectional presbyter, or district superintendent can help to sponsor the financially independent intercessor(s), and be responsible for part or all costs for a particular assigned mission.
- This prayer team will enter a specified locality of a new church planted or being planted to render intercessory prayer on-site for three days [Friday Evening – Sunday Morning (Church service)].
- A trained district prayer coordinator or prayer leader will direct each mission group. In many localities spiritual warfare will be applied to pull down strongholds to effectively prevail over the powers of darkness over a region, so that fertile groundwork may be prepared to produce a fruitful harvest.
“Church Planter S.I.T.E. (Spiritual Intercessory Team Elite)”
- Church planters get “excited” when they get their own “SITE.” This is true, both in the spiritual and in the natural. Church planters can have their own Spiritual Intercessory Team Elite assigned to them to pray for both their personal and church needs.
- The intercessory team may consist of ten or more individuals who commit to consistent prayer and fasting for church planters for at least one year.
- These individuals may be recruited online through the efforts of local and sectional church prayer coordinators, under the supervision of WNOP.
- Distinct church planters may create versatile and standard prayer agendas reflecting their specific prayer focuses, and then communicate and circulate the agendas to the assigned prayer team to render strategic prayer, including times of fasting.
- WNOP will assist in encouraging the recruitment of individuals to commit to prayer/fasting for all church planters.
- Written resources will be available and general prayer resources online such as agendas on “How to Pray for Church Planters,” and “Effective Prayer Evangelism,” etc.
- Training is essential in providing prayer support because all participating in prayer missions should be adequately prepared. Instructions are important not only in defeating the adversary and winning and gaining territory, but also on how to maintain victory after the mobile prayer team leaves (Ex: Intentions are not to just stir up the giant of a city through spiritual warfare, and then all the forces of hell break loose on the church planters and the residents of that city in the aftermath).
- It also is just as vitally important to have and apply knowledge and wisdom regarding the preservation of the good spiritual work of prayer that has been done. Accomplished trainers will have the ability to communicate such information to everyone involved or impacted by every task or mission.
- Future training sessions will continue to be taught by WNOP/NAM leadership and staff.
- The training session at General Conference will be videoed/available to view online.
It’s “Plow Time”
God has given us the land, as well as the tools, resources, and abilities, to possess it and to plant and build in His kingdom, unto His glory. Let’s go forth in the mighty name of Jesus, and have great revival and harvest across North America!
“… Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered. Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.” Genesis 13:14-17