The CHRIST in CHRISTmas!
DO YOU BELIEVE…In Christ or Santa?
“And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus, for he shall save his people from their sins” (Matthew 1:21).
I hear individuals in society excitedly elaborate on many of these holiday shows about “Santa” and “people saving Christ…mas.” But I say, just take away the “mas,” for rather, it’s all about “Jesus” and “Christ saving people.” So in reality, it is just the reverse!
Luke 2:11 says “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.” The bottom line is, even if you have to take away the “mas,” and you are left with just the “CHRIST,” then that’s enough; for Christ saves…and He is the Savior. We need to put CHRIST back in CHRISTmas, because Jesus still is “the reason for the season!” I am reminded this season that the five-letter word focus should be JESUS, and not SANTA.Pronounce it with me…”JESUS!” Announce it to others…”JESUS!” Say it again; then pray it, for in His name there is power to receive all things (John 14:14). Following are thought-provoking excerpts from an anonymous writing that I read some time ago:
Santa lives at the North Pole…
JESUS is everywhere.
Santa comes but once a year…
JESUS is an ever present help.
Santa fills your stockings with goodies…
JESUS supplies all your needs.
Santa comes down your chimney uninvited…
JESUS enters in only when invited, as He stands at your door and knocks.
You have to wait in line to see Santa…
JESUS is as close as the mention of His name.
Santa lets you sit on his lap…
JESUS lets you rest in His arms.
Santa doesn’t know your name; he has to ask each person…
JESUS knew our name before we were born.
Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly…
JESUS has a heart full of love.
All Santa can offer is HO HO HO…
JESUS offers more than HO, but He offers HO…PE.
Santa says “You better not cry”…
JESUS says cry out, and “cast all your cares on Me, for I care for you.”
Santa may make you chuckle without, but…
JESUS gives you deep joy within
Santa puts gifts under your tree…
JESUS became our Gift, and died on a tree (the cross).
Above all, Santa is fake…
JESUS is real.
Indeed, JESUS…Christ is better than SANTA…Claus! What thing (Santa) has consumed your focus more than Christ this season? Perhaps that thing(s) has become your spiritual idol (Santa) and is a major hindrance to you. Do you believe…in Christ or Santa? Do not get caught up in this world’s perspective. Ask yourself, is Jesus really your focus this Christmas? If not, then refocus, and let Him be real in your life! Let Him be The CHRIST in CHRISTmas!
World Network of Prayer
[divider height=”30″ style=”default” line=”default” themecolor=”1″]
Praying for Revival for Our World
- a spirit of readiness will be upon the ministers of God.
- against the spirit of religion which causes the people of God to be over cautious and not take a courageous step into the unknown.
- the churches and denominations that were born out of revival will return to their revival roots.
- Christians throughout the world will unite to pray, without prejudice, for God’s hand to be at work in their nation.
- right teachings will underscore the work of God, because deception and error will always lead people astray from the purposes, will and plans of God.
- all Christians will speak up for God with Christlike graciousness and love; but also share what God says in His Word.
- Christians will not be afraid to share their faith, but will boldly proclaim the Lord Jesus Christ.
- for God to fill us with the faith to speak what He saying; not to fear the world, the flesh or the devil, but to overcome through the power of the Holy Spirit and the word of our testimony.
- for all Christians who are seeking God and whose hearts are crying out for a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit.