PrayerConnect for October 20, 2015
An Open Door
“For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries” (I Corinthians 16:9).
In the past weekend there was a terrorist attack in Beersheba, Israel-an unusual location for an attack. In fact, the last major terrorist attack in this city was in 2004. For this reason, I was alerted in my spirit that this attack is directly connected to the frenzy occurring in the spirit realm because the prince over the South territories there knows his time is short! Operation Israel is approximately two weeks away when the WNOP Intercessory Prayer Team sets foot onsite! It is important for every intercessor, especially those on the team, to clearly understand that this attack was calculated to do what terrorism is intended to do: incite fear and attempt to derail God’s plan and destiny for a city, community, family…and all affected by such violence.
So listen up troops! The enemy is fighting and it is our role to confront and to conquer! Instead of succumbing to fear and thinking about danger or retreating, let’s fortify ourselves and take up the whole armor of God, with the Shield of Faith, and go forth. Let Satan know he’s leaving and Jesus is staying!
Jesus said “And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force” (Matthew 11:12). In this passage “force” means, to seize; carry off by force; claim your possession; and to snatch out or away. And behind this “force” is “faith.” The Lord said, “If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you” (Matthew 17:20)!
So as we pray and fast, let us take hold of the promises of God and pray the following prayer inspired by Reverend Albert Stewart, retired missionary from Liberia, Africa.
- every evil hand pointed at Israel, the Operation Israel team and other travelers be paralyzed. Pray that all impossibilities be paralyzed.
- we will walk in divine safety and refuse to be snared in the enemy’s plans, for it is written,“He disappointeth the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise” (Job 5:12).
- for God to forgive the sins, transgressions and iniquities of humanity. Pray that Jesus will break every curse and all demonic bondage off of Hamas, Hezbollah, the Palestinians, the Jewish communities, and leaders in the land caused by ungodly spirits and forces.
- for God to break every evil aimed at His people, for we refuse to succumb to any evil plan devised by the enemy.
- for God to break every stronghold and to allow each trial and misfortune for Christian believers to turn into a testimony! Let’s claim complete liberty in the name of Jesus!
Kim Johnson, Guest Writer
Cooper City, Florida
[divider height=”30″ style=”default” line=”default” themecolor=”1″]
Operation Israel Prayer and Fasting
In preparation for Operation ISRAEL special prayer and fasting will be designated onTuesday, October 20 through Thursday, October 22. Please join with us in these three days of consecration. Esther and others went on a 3-day fast on behalf of the welfare of the Jews. “Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise…” (Esther 4:16) Please participate in this three-day fast in whatever way you are led to by the Spirit. You may consider and complete one of the following types of selective fasts:
- The Normal Fast: Eliminating solid foods, but drinking only water or liquids for 3 days.
- The Daniel Fast: Intaking vegetables/fruits and grains and drinking liquids for 3 days.
- The Partial Fast: Fasting two meals a day for 3 days. (May be especially suitable for those with medical conditions; children who desire to participate; etc.)
To begin the prayer coverage, the following specific prayers can be rendered now for the tour hosts, David and Brenda Hudson, the prayer team, and the prayer mission.
- Plead the blood over each prayer team participant, their family, their finances, their health, their job, their home, their vehicle, and for their overall well-being. Plead the blood over all tour transportation, including plane/bus rides, as well as the tour agenda.
- Pray that each participant put on the whole Armor of God according to Ephesians 6:11-17, and be fully protected from any opposition that is contrary to the will of God.
- Bind every spirit being sent to create chaos or distraction or fear against the participants’ minds and their actions. And lose the Word of God, for it is written No weapon formed against us shall prosper! Also proclaim, “We have not been given the spirit of fear, but love, power and a sound mind.”
It is not unordinary for Operation ISRAEL prayer team participants to experience attacks from the adversary. On behalf of each participant, please invoke the following scriptures:
- Isaiah 26:3-4; Philippians 4:4, 6-8
- Hebrews 4:16
- James 4:6-7
Thank God for the ultimate victory!
World Network of Prayer