Focused Prayer Example
Use the following example for your individual focused prayer time
suggestion: 15 minutes
- First and foremost, repent before God and ask Him to reveal to you anything that hinders your walk with Him, so that you may make it right.
- Ask God to let the fruit of the Spirit be evident in you; love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. ~Galatians 5:22, 23
- Ask God to help you be more sensitive and yielding to His Spirit and to His voice.
- Ask God to give you a personal burden for souls.
- Ask God to increase your boundaries so you may be a witness where you least expect it.
For Your Local Church
suggestion: 20 minutes
- Ask God to send lost souls to [your church] to find salvation and spiritual restoration.
- Ask God to Spiritually release souls from Satan’s bondage from the North, South, East and West so they may find Salvation and healing at [your church]. Pray that they will hunger for the truth of God’s Word. Pray this scripture and claim it as a promise to [your church]:
“Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ And to the south, ‘Do not keep them back!’ Bring My sons from afar, And My daughters from the ends of the earth—“ Isaiah 43:6 (KJV & NKJV)
- Pray that we will grow numerically…in children, youth and adults.
- Pray that we will grow spiritually throughout.
- Pray for the Pastor and his family that they will be strengthened, empowered, given wisdom, and be protected by God’s angelic forces.
- Pray for divine unity and harmony among our leadership and our laity. Ask God to distill any seed of strife among us.
- Pray that God multiplies our finances.
- Pray God blesses us with the right building at the right time at the right price, and gives us the wisdom to recognize it.
For Our Country
suggestion: 10 minutes
- Pray for an old fashioned revival of true Christian morality in our country.
- Pray for the President as he prepares for an important State of the Union
address later this month. Pray for God to give him increased strength, wisdom and influence as he leads our nation.
- Pray for our soldiers serving overseas and every decision made by military leadership that could put them in harm’s way. Pray that we will remain united as a nation, looking to God for peace and with confidence for our cause of freedom.
- Pray for those adversely affected by the war.
Individual needs (intercessory prayer)
suggestion: 15 minutes
Jason- to come to know Jesus as a living Saviour in His own life
Lisa-for continued direction in her life spiritually and physically
Lisa’s children-to accept God’s comfort when life doesn’t go as planned
Nancy-to come back to WCWC or attend another truth bearing church
Sue-Williams- for continued direction in her life spiritually and physically
Christopher & Christine-for God to heal their marriage and for them to come to church and find God.
Tim-to come back to WCWC and to discover God’s truth for his life.
Angie’s mom-pray that her mom will be healed and will not need surgery (she has cancer). Pray for Angie to receive strength, courage and wisdom.
Adam-A financial miracle so he can stay in school.
Jean-Guy’s brother- to be saved
Raul’s family-to come to know Biblical truth
Gayle’s mother and brother-to return to a truth bearing church
Gayle’s older brother and sister to get back to God in truth.
Pastor’s mother-for complete healing in an ongoing strange illness
Pastor’s father-for a physical touch in his body