ECHOgram for Tuesday, July 19, 2016
The Clarion Call for Help
The Church Planter is on the cutting edge of the harvest field. Jesus’ one request was not to pray for the harvest for it is already here, but He wanted us to pray for laborers. Revival is here, but the laborers are not. Hence, we need to focus not so much on the field but the laborers who are “in the field.”
The Church Planter’s busyness is like no other; being that he a one-man show with no one yet to help in the various ministries a new church ensues. The Planter goes into a town or a city and begins from nothing-not knowing a single soul. The process begins with the planting seeds of truth, cutting away as it were the bristles of tradition to find a parcel of ground in the heart of that one soul who will receive truth.
Most Church Planters understand that God is sending people from various foreign countries to America with a deep hunger for truth. Thus, we have an abundance of crop but no labors to help bring it in.
Let’s continue to pray for our hundreds of Church Planters across America who are endeavoring to bring in the next crop.
- Pray for wisdom and understanding of cultures to communicate to the various people groups that struggle with English as a second language.
- Pray for us to make the Gospel plain and palatable enough for new converts to grow further in the knowledge of truth.
- Pray for these people to learn how to be faithful in coming to church regularly as they adjust to living here in America.
- Pray for the Church Planter pastors that may keep their sickles sharp by pressing on through the distractions of life and to stay faithful to the habit of studying God’s Word. Ezra 7:10 says, “For Ezra had devoted himself to the study and observance of the Law of the LORD, and to teaching its decrees and laws in Israel.”
- Pray for their families to stay “strong in the Lord and the power of His might.” Eph. 6:10
- Pray for Church Planters to have the mind of Christ and share His love to the people groups in his city.
- Pray for the Church Planter to embrace the loneliness that they feel at times not having fellowship from Jesus Name saints.
- Pray for the brethren to reach out to each Church Planter with a word of encouragement
- Pray for laborers to come and help the newly budding church in a nearby city.