ECHOgram for Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Prayer for Followers
Hebrews 13 gives clear instructions on how we are to live, whether we are leaders or followers:
Let brotherly love continue.
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers.
Remember them that are in bonds.
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have.
Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines.
But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves.
Pray for us [leaders].
As you pray for your leaders during your prayer time, do not forget to pray for those who are not in leadership. Followers are necessary to the kingdom, for they put into action what the leaders teach and show them.
- they would listen to and follow their leaders.
- they would be effective in their witnessing, by their lifestyles, choices, word, and deeds.
- they would understand God’s Word.
- they would be blessed financially so they can help meet the church’s needs.
- they would have great faith to see miracles, signs, and wonders.
- they would be aware of the needs of their leaders and work together to help as needed.
- they would get along with one another, showing kindness, blessing one another, helping one another, encouraging each other.
- they would bear one another’s burdens.
- they would grow and become leaders if that is what God wants.
Word Aflame Publications, UPCI Headquarters