ECHOgram for Tuesday, March 29, 2016
Prayer for Junior and Senior High Students
Today’s society, the stress, and spiritual attack on teens and students are unbelievable! Here are 10 things to pray over your Junior and Senior High Students:
- Pray that they would love God’s Word. Pray that they would have a passion to meditate on His Word and trust it as a lamp to their feet and a light to their path (Psalm 119:97,105).
- Pray that God would help them to stay pure and that they would flee from youthful lusts. Pray that God would cause them to pursue right living, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart (I Timothy 2:22).
- Pray that they would continue in the doctrines they have learned as a child and would continue to firmly believe these, knowing that the scriptures are able to make them wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus (II Timothy 3:12-16).
- Pray that they would walk with the wise, and would thus become wise themselves. Ask that God would keep them from having fools for companions, which can bring them harm (Proverbs 13:20).
- Ask the Lord to help them love Him and keep His commands and that they also would claim His promises (John 14:21).
- Pray that they would have a burden and love for others just as Christ has loved them (John 13:34-35).
- Ask God that their hearts would not be deceived about the state of their own hearts. Pray that their faith in God would be evidenced by good fruit in their lives (Matthew 7:21).
- Pray that they would grow in wisdom, in stature, and in favor with God and man (Luke 2:52). Lift every aspect of their lives: physical, mental, spiritual, emotional, and social-to the Lord in prayer.
- Pray that they would keep in step with God’s will and timing in their lives (Psalm 32:9).
- Ask the Lord to keep them from loving the world and the things in the world (I John 2:15), and that He would set their minds on things that are above (Colossians 3:2).