ECHOgram for Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Prayer for Hearing God’s Voice
“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me” (John 10:27).
We remember that prayer is a dialog between the believer and God. It’s a two-way communication that involves both talking and listening. Prayer is not complete if we do all the talking and expect God to do all the listening. True prayer requires both. Let’s pray to hear God’s voice. Hearing God also means a readiness to obey. God does not speak to just give people a chance to decide if they want to obey. God speaks to those who take Him seriously and who stand ready to respond to whatever He says. Let’s learn to listen to the Shepherd’s voice.
Pray the following:
- Lord, I praise You as my Shepherd for You are the one who speaks so that I may hear Your voice and follow You were you lead.
- Lord, I Thank You O God for telling us the truth about Yourself and also about ourselves.
- Lord, I confess any lack of desire or any personal failure in hearing Your voice. Help me to have ears to hear what Your Spirit is speaking today.
- Lord, give me listening ears to hear Your voice and discern Your voice from the many voices that are speaking.
- Lord, open my heart to Your impressions and please help me close my ears to the whisperings of the evil one.
- Lord, today I stand as an intercessor for those who are not listening to Your Word or Your Spirit and are straying from truth.
Stephen M. Harris
Port Washington, Wisconsin