Praying for Church Staff
The one concern of the devil is to keep Christians from praying. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless work, and prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but trembles when we pray.
How can I pray for our staff during the week?
|Sunday:||Rest and strength||Psalm 23|
|Monday:||Intimacy with God||2 Corinthians 13:14|
|Wednesday:||Ministry effectiveness||Ephesians 4:11-13|
|Thursday:||Obedience to God||Luke 9:23-24|
How can I pray for our church?
- That people would sense the glory of God
- That we would follow the Word of God
- That we would be united in the love of God
- That we would go forth in the mission of God
- That we would experience the joy of God
How can I pray during the service?
- Pray for believers to experience true worship.
- Pray for an outpouring of God’s glory in His church as people acknowledge Him, not only with their lips but also with their lives.
- Ask God for a spirit of worship to manifest itself in our church.
- Pray for revival in our church and in our land.
- Pray that believers will know, accept, and obey the Word of God.
- Pray that God’s Word would be preached continually in our church.
- Pray for spiritual understanding and discernment among the people.
- Ask God for grace to be obedient to His Word.
- Pray for unity in the church.
- Pray for humility among the church’s leaders and body of believers.
- Pray that a spirit of humility and repentance will rise up among all believers.
- Ask to break down walls of pride in our lives
- Pray for souls to be won to Christ.
- Ask God to give our church a vision for reaching the lost.
- Pray for laborers for the harvest – for believers who will consistently share their faith.
- Pray that we would reach out to the lost in our community.
- Pray for joy in the hearts and lives of believers.
- Ask God to reveal our church’s potential to our leaders and the people.
- Ask God to bring joy to our leaders and the people of the church as we walk in obedience to Him.
The man who mobilizes the church to pray will make the greatest contribution to world evangelism in history. – Andrew Murray